Actions: Fix Photos Fast!
Use Photoshop Elements Actions to streamline your photo editing process.
Attention Digital Camera Owners:
If You Can Click A Button,
Then I Can Cut Your Photo Editing
Time In Half (Or Less)
Use these 36 time-saving photo editing actions
to make your photos look great—in seconds!
Do your photos turn out perfect every time? No?
You’re not alone. Neither do mine.
But we can fix our photos, right?
Yes, of course! Photoshop or Photoshop Elements can make your photos shine!
But even if you know how to edit your photos, do you have the time to laboriously fix each photo you want to send to Grandma or share on Facebook?
Not me. And I’m betting you don’t have time to waste either.
That’s why I’m excited to share my time-saving secret with you.
Actions Are Your Secret Weapon
Photoshop Elements actions can edit at lighting speed. Open a photo and choose an action that would improve it, and your program will go through all the steps for that action almost before you can blink an eye.
THIS CLASS IS FOR PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS.
Looking for Actions: Fix Photos Fast for Adobe Photoshop?
“These are the most amazing, wonderful, and useful tools I’ve ever encountered. I’m only halfway through watching the class videos, but already have been going wild using the actions with my photos.”
You Can Benefit From My Years of Experimenting
I’ve learned a lot from other experts, of course, but some of my best editing methods have come from years of experimenting.
For example: how to reduce harsh shadows? The kind that result from being in bright or dappled sunlight.
After two years of experimenting, I finally figured it out.
But it was complicated. It had a lot of steps. And who wants to go through a series of complicated steps every time they want to fix harsh shadows?
That’s when I thought to turn it into an action. Actions zip through complicated steps in seconds. Wheee!
This has now become my favorite action. There’s just no substitute for it when I need it.
“I just finished a photo book on a short time frame. I couldn’t have done it without “Fix Photos Fast.” Thanks so much, Linda.”
Can You Follow These Simple Steps?
- Install the actions in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements (I’ll show you how in a video, and it’s super simple.)
- Depending on your personality, you can either watch my short videos on what each action does, or you can jump in and start trying them out, using my Action Cheat Sheet as your guide—your choice!
- Decide what bothers you the most about your photo—is it the lighting? The color? Does the photo look “blah?”
- Choose an action to fix or improve the problem, and click the Action Play Button. If the effect isn’t strong enough, run the action again.
- If you have more than one problem with your photo, choose another action to fix it.
“This course has been absolutely over the top! I am so happy to finally be able to really improve my photos.”
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
What If I Choose The Wrong Action?
That’s what’s so cool about the way I’ve set up the actions. Each action creates its own layer, with the name of the action on the layer, making it very easy to experiment.
If you don’t like the effect, simply press the Delete key! (By the way, this is a great way to quickly try several possible actions so you can choose the result you like the best.)
Double or Triple Your Speed
I’m amazed at how much faster my editing process is now than it used to be.
Example: I shot senior photos for a young man whose mother requested I remove his acne, so I painstakingly used the Clone Stamp tool and Healing Brush on every photo I gave them. When I was done, the photos looked great…but it took forever.
Recently I shot photos of the same family. This time I was determined to spend less time editing, so I developed an action that removed the acne in seconds.
I felt like doing the happy dance!
Using actions has allowed me to tackle photos I wouldn’t have touched in the past, because it would have taken too much time and effort to redeem them.
But like me, you’ll probably get the most benefit out of speeding up your routine photo editing, the kind that takes you two, three, or four times as long if you do it “by hand.”
“I use your Fix Photos FAST actions with every photo now and can’t imagine how I got along without them!”
Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia, Canada
Could This Be You?
Imagine sitting down at your computer and opening some photos from your most recent photo shoot.
You quickly tweak your favorite photos by simply clicking one or two Action buttons. In record time, your photos look great! In fact, they look so good you can hardly take your eyes off them.
Now you’re ready to post them on Facebook, email them to your mom, or put them on a scrapbook page. You’re so proud of your photos that you click through your posted photos on Facebook not once, but several times! And you enjoy every ‘like’ and comment you get.
Go ahead. Be proud.
When you’ve turned ho-hum photos—or downright hopeless photos—into gems, your cat-ate-the-canary grin is justified!
Appreciation and admiration from your family and friends is simply icing on the cake.
“I cannot tell you how much I am loving these actions! I have watched other videos and searched the internet and even bought other actions, but not with as good a result as I am having with these.”
I’m Sharing My Collection…And Creativity
In case you don’t know, I’ve been teaching how to use Photoshop and Photoshop Elements since 2003, when I created the first ever video instruction on digital scrapbooking.
And I earned the title “Adobe’s Scrapbooking Expert” by teaching seminars and TV spots about digital scrapbooking for Adobe.
But I’ve never been more excited than I am right now about working with photos—because I’ve turned so many of my editing tasks into one-click actions. And now you can benefit by using them, too.
Here’s What The Actions Do:
- Remove harsh shadows from photos taken in full sun so viewers can focus on your cute child or grandchild, not the unsightly shadows.
- Easily adjust the lighting so your photos attract attention for the right reason.
- Transform hazy, blah photos into crisp images that delight your viewers.
- Remove color cast so your subject matter isn’t camouflaged by an ugly color.
- Add the right amount of sharpness to make your photos look their best. (You may even be able to save a slightly blurry photo that you would have discarded in the past.)
- Take all the work out of removing blemishes. (Wait ‘till you see my Brush Away Blemishes action in action!) Your graduating senior will thank you, and I’ll show you how you can use this same action to make yourself look just a little younger (wink).
- Whiten your teeth with one brush stroke so viewers look at your smile, not your teeth.
- And much more!
As photographer and author Nicole S. Young says:
“The more you can automate repetitive and mundane tasks in Photoshop, the more time you have to push your brain cells towards being creative.”
Linda Sattgast has been helping people like you tell their stories using Photoshop and Photoshop Elements for over 15 years. She has taught for Adobe, Epson, and Scrapbook Memories TV and her training CD has been featured four times as a bonus in the Photoshop Elements box at Costco. Linda is passionate about preserving her family history and wants to help others do the same.
StartActions Workflow Introduction
StartVideo 1: Panel Setup (4:30) (4:30)
StartVideo 2: Load & Delete Actions (2:30) (2:29)
StartVideo 3: About the Actions (4:46) (4:46)
StartVideo 4: Fastest Method (7:55) (7:55)
StartVideo 5: Why Action Layers? (4:09) (4:08)
StartVideo 6: Five Kinds of Actions (7:01) (7:01)
StartActions for Lighting Introduction
StartVideo 1: Lighter: Less Contrast (2:39) (2:47)
StartVideo 2: Levels (4:14) (4:13)
StartVideo 3: Shadows/Highlights (10:10) (11:17)
StartVideo 4: Screen Blend Mode (1:38) (1:37)
StartVideo 5: Multiply Blend Mode (2:25) (2:24)
StartVideo 6: Darker/Less Contrast (3:53) (3:21)
StartVideo 7: Contrast (2:42) (1:47)
StartVideo 8: High Key (1:52) (1:41)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Print out my action “Cheat Sheet” to use as a quick reference until you get acquainted with what each action does.
- For those who want more training, I’ve provided more than 25 video tutorials on various topics from how to use individual actions more effectively to my personal approach to photo editing.
- I’ve also included more than a dozen Watch-Over-My-Shoulder videos where I go through a photo from beginning to end and tell you my thought process. In my opinion, this alone is worth the price of the class. You’ll pick up so many tidbits and ideas you may never have thought of before!
Plus These 2 Bonus Classes:
- Bonus 1: Other Editing Tools—Since not every edit can be done with actions, I’ll teach you how to use the essential tools you’ll need most often to round out your editing skills. (Value: $25)
- Bonus 2: Amazing Camera Raw—Learn how to incorporate Camera Raw into your editing process—and love the results! (Value: $20)
My Guarantee: Love It Or Get Your Money Back
I take your satisfaction seriously. If you’re unhappy with this class for any reason, email me via the Help link and ask for a refund within 30 days of purchase to get your money back, no questions asked.